THE AFR MOVEMENT
The Africa Fashion Reception is not just another fashion event. It is a movement that is calling on Africans from across the continent and the diaspora to patronize and wear clothes, fashion accessories, beauty and lifestyle products locally produced in Africa. If we are able to successfully accomplish this, Africa will systematically be liberated from poverty.
AFRICA AS THE NEW INSPIRATION FOR GLOBAL FASHION
Part of the goal of this movement is to make Africa the new inspiration for global fashion. This means having the entire world patronize and embrace African clothing and lifestyle products. This will translate to having Africa earn the needed foreign exchange that will bring prosperity.
FASHION FOR DEVELOPMENT & WEALTH CREATION
The major goal of the AFR is to bring about infrastructural development and wealth creation for Africa through the creative industry of fashion.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
• To build bridges by creating free trade and partnerships among fashion practitioners throughout the African continent
• To attract global attention to Africa’s very rich and diversified dress culture which can be explored as a catalyst for the social economic growth of the continent’s garment/textile industry.
• To expand the potential power of fashion as a tool of fighting poverty in Africa by creating wealth through the empowerment of women and youths in the various fashion vocations through training, capacity building schemes, workshops and setting up of medium/small scale businesses thereby supporting the United Nations Millennium Development Goals and the African Union Agenda 2063.
• To bring about self-reliance as this initiative will create millions of jobs across the continent for Tailors, Creative Directors, Textile designers, Models, Cutters, Pressers, Fashion Photographers & Writers, Hair Stylists, Make-up Artists etc
• To contribute in bringing the much desired peace and stability to our continent by positively engaging the youths as stated above.
• And to further develop African economies by creating the biggest and most formidable African fashion and lifestyle market for global patronage.